Thursday, March 06, 2008

Unity Candle Part II- The Story Behind the Picture

After I posted the picture yesterday, I realized it was kind of funny because I'm the only one lighting the Unity Candle (yep, that's me!). My mom and sister thought I better tell the story-

If I have any good wedding tips to give from my own experience, it would be to make sure you dig out the wick of your Unity Candle before the ceremony. Ha! I'm not sure how long it took us to light our candle, but it felt like ETERNITY! We could NOT get the candle to light. I finally took the matter in my own hands and lit the sucker (leave it to the woman to get it done, right? Ha! Ha!)! I remember jokingly asking Father while we were trying to light the candle if it was a "Sign"? Later, at the reception, someone came up to me and told me they couldn't believe I had said that during the ceremony. HA! That makes me laugh now thinking about it.... Ironically, not giving up on the Unity Candle truly represents our marriage today. We've been married for 10 years now; we've had our ups and downs like every marriage, but we never give up!

2 comments:

... said...

If you want to have a lot of visitors
Think you should have a blog roll with excahange of links ...

FtM

bridal fashion by MILLIE said...

Thank you FtM.....I just added a link to 'Unveiled'- A bridal blog society, where all wedding related blogs are listed. I'm hoping it will bring some new readers!