Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vintage Wedding Inspiration


To continue with the old wedding photo inspiration idea, I thought I would dig into the old shoe boxes this week..... Can you guess who this is? It's my mom and dad!! Okay, so I know I'm a little bias, but how gorgeous are they?

The story behind the wedding dress you ask?? The last time my mother saw the dress, it was in the attic next to my dad's hunting clothes...about 27 years ago. When we moved from Michigan to Colorado in 1981, the hunting clothes made it but no wedding dress????? This is certainly an on-going dispute in the Panozzo household. Ha!

The dress was made with white silk and featured a boat neckline, three-quarter sleeves with a sheath skirt and detachable train. It also had a lace panel running down the front. My mother said it only cost her $150.00!!!! (Remember folks, it was 1966...those were the days eh?)

I'm digging the sheath skirt with the detachable train idea. It's a trend that comes and goes.....I would think this would be ideal for a destination wedding........ Do you think Oscar is feelin' it too?



{image from Martha Stewart Weddings, Gown is a Oscar de le Renta}

No comments: